Friday, May 4, 2007

A room without books...

The recent New York Times article "Are book reviewers out of print?" got me thinking about whether a regular book review could be a cornerstone of this blog. I'm thinking so. Since my current position doesn't come with any legitimate access to journals, I've got to do more than just react to the mass media. Although I'm sure there's going to be plenty of that too.

Right now I'm working my way through Daniel Dennett's Breaking the Spell and also imagine I'm going to have a thing or two to say about Daniel Levitin's This is Your Brain on Music. So, stay tuned for those.

Regarding the more general issue of what Neurozone is supposed to be about, I'm still sorting that out too. Your suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

Chris Chatham said...

What do you think about Levitin's book? I hadn't heard of it before.

BTW, THere's an double-interview with both him and David Byrne (of Talking Heads fame) in the new issue of Seed magazine.

Neurozone said...

I'll get back to you soon on that! Thanks for the tip about the David Byrne interview.